Monday, February 21, 2011

This weekends charity crop at Lone Star Retreat Center - Go Cougars!

I had the great fortune to be part of a Cougar Cupboard Charity Crop this weekend. A wonderful local middle school has a food pantry right in their school for at risk children. Each Friday, at risk children are sent home with back packs filled with food grouped together to make meals for their families. How awesome is this?

Our local retreat center lent the use of her retreat rooms for a one day crop where we did a pot luck for us ladies scrapping the day away and gathering food for the school pantry as well. What a success. I won't chat much on this thread about what I got done (mostly I got alot of gossiping and chatting and catching up done).....but I'll share our photos for there were many!



Our pantry contributions totaled over 125 items from 16 women! Go Cougar Ladies!




Tina and Sandra in professional consultations!



Erica got hi-lites and lo-lites in her hair, and had to fluff before her photo, but I caught her mid-fluff! : )



Did I mention we also did a "bring a door prize, receive a door prize" game? Jeannie is Stickles happy now!


Brenda created a great Easter Basket for her door prize!


Some folks like Kristi actually accomplished layouts and used the day productively!


Others worked on swaps!


While our lovely Lisa struck a pose for the camera!


I brought a Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks Starter Pack I put together, you cannot have too many alcohol inks, as my blog has said before!


Of course, what was I doing? What I do best! Shopping! Yes, that's my craft area, covered in catalogs and wish lists!


Sandra won a great organizer tool; you'd have to know Sandra to know, this is just what she needed! She beats us ALL in ultra organization!


Ellen and Brenda play "Vanna" at our final shot of the charity donation!

But a special thanks to Karmen Dupree of Lone Star Retreats for making this great day possible and giving us a fun way to help hungry families in our local schools! If you are ever in Georgetown, TX or have a group wanting a great get away, check in with Karmen and book your own special weekend.


No comments: