Sunday, November 6, 2011


I found some pre-cut brown stars in my stash (can't tell if they are a cricut cut out or a big shot die but I'm leaning toward the big shot die since they have an edge emboss around them that doesn't show in the picture.)  Last year I found this great to: from: stamp that fits perfectly in the original Stampin' Up! scallop punch.  All I did was color the edges after stamping in a nice Christmas-y color.  On the other side I've used Tim Holtz's new rosette die.  Giving this great star both useability and dimension!  I call them my Texas Lone Star Tags.  Why?  Because everything cool, we believe starts right here in Texas!  


And as with the other to from tags I've made this year, I am using older stamps from my stash that I drug out and played with this I got what I wanted.  Again, with the brown stars were these pre-cut blue and white DP paper stars.  No idea where they came from; most likely one of our craft sale exchanges at a crop or retreat but I finally pulled them out and used them plum all up!  My little shepherd stamp here is adorable and I used a combination of Stampin' Up! Write Markers and Copics to color the adorable image.  Of course, some Daffodil Delight paper cut out in the original Stampin' Up! scallop punch and the image punched with the 1 3/8th" circle punch from SU finishes it off.  Gold string that I bought last year makes the tag to use or display on  your tree. 

I've packaged the Lone Star Tags four to a package and the shepherds are 8 to a package.  I'm still struggling with pricing for the craft show so any ideas/suggestions would be great.  As I said in my last post, I sold so many Christmas planners at the retreat two weeks ago that my booth fee is already paid for plus some so anything is gravy from this point forward.  Just want to get the best I can for the time I've put into everything!

But at least my stash is getting used and I'm having fun doing them all.  That's what it's all about, right? 

Tuesday we have a workshop making the wonderful Advent calendar in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini catalog and I'll be posting that end project as soon as I get home!  : )  Should be a fun Tuesday morning.

Happy holiday crafting everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your to, from stars are adorable. Unique and great idea!