Monday, November 19, 2012

Remembering our cruise.........

It seems impossible it's already been about three months since our first ever cruise and I wish I was still laying on the beach in Cozumel... but alas, real life always creeps back in and here we are getting ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas and a child's wedding in just a few short weeks! So here's my Christmas card designed this weekend at a wonderful retreat; a few more to make but the hard part (designing it) is done.
Using Stampin'Up!'s Watercolor Winter and Christmas Deer stamp sets, clear mount I brought together the two elements to create something hopefully outside the box and in the sand. Using River Rock, Bashful Blue, and Baja Breeze ink pads, I smudged the background of a 3"x3" piece of Whisper White card stock. Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White is a wonderful card stock base for background art. It is not too heavy nor too thin so it makes a nice layering piece and takes on ink in a uniform, true to color way. Using the Watercolor Winter Pine Branch Stamp in Always Artichoke, and adding a Real Red Stamped Image of a decoration from Christmas Deer gave it a deserted beach look. Almost any 1" sentiment stamp would work. I chose one from another Christmas set (I honestly can't remember now...and used Real Red, Island Indigo and WW card stock (both for the picture and one layer mat). The underneath is a Sizzix embossing folder (shoot me, not from SU) but the ornament background fit so well with all the other SU elements, I had to go for it! Hubby liked it too!

No comments: